Monday, June 15, 2015

Emi's Eighteenth Email! June 15th, 2015

So I mentioned last week how I was starting to love my mission. We had an all mission meeting this week (very rare) and it helped me with that turning point. The point to finally fall in love with it completely. There will always be so much to this gospel that is difficult to understand and different parts are more of a challenge to different people. I received a letter from someone very close to me recently and the person mentioned how I should be doing whatever it is that makes ME happy. What a concept. The more natural part of us as people always wants to do OUR will. It is commonly said in our church that as we fulfill His purpose, our potential is fulfilled.


I've been really feeling that recently. Too many times can we find our excuses for different things. I am culpable for venting too much, being too stubborn or proud to align my will to be more like His. Our bishop has shared this scripture with us recently.
In the Book of Mormon, page 219, Alma 5:26:
 "And now behold, I say unto you, my brethren, if ye have experienced a change of heart, and if ye have felt to sing the song of redeeming love, I would ask, can ye feel so now?"
This is the change that is meant to bring us true happiness and to continually do so.

Whether or not the sun is out can reaaallly dictate my mood. Any tips to get over that? It's a legitimate issue.
Congrats to Bishop Walton, gnarly! He'll be so good! Bishop Roberts will always be bishop though, he's amazing.

Happy birthday Hannah Andrews!


Top 10
3) Got sunburnt! Feels sooo good. Hopefully it'll last forever
6) Peace spoke at the fireside
4) Pan got the priesthood
7) It was sunny 2 1/2 days and dare I say hot!
1) Mission-wide training
8) The fireside
5) Bernardo, he's just my fav
10) Meet the Mormons Family home evening at Hyde Ward. They are pretty opinionated about the film, but it was still good. Bishop Holt should've replaced the African American one.
2) Dolly is finally back!
9) Munch and mingle after church with a reverse schedule 


-Sister Doncheva



 Peace in a tree


 werkin


 EMM



 Peace sucks as takin pics from a tree


 Bought this from a kid


 Peace being Peace


 Actually not planned




 Peace doing pushups


 Candid


 Some house




No comments:

Post a Comment