Monday, March 16, 2015

Emi's Fifth Email! March 16th, 2015

So last week Sister Black had a doctor's appointment for one of her many medical issues, so we went to this fancy hospital that had free hot chocolate!!! At said hospital we went to the restroom and I walked in on someone, whoops. Sorry, but you didn't shut the door properly. That was fine, but then afterward I pulled a cord which I assumed was a fancy toilet flusher in the fancy hospital. Seconds later people are knocking on the door asking if I'm alright. Yup, some emergency cord. I didn't think I was embarrassed til I looked in the mirror and saw a tomato looking back at me. Do I turn red easily? How horrible. No wonder people can always tell when I like a guy... good thing that won't be a pressing issue for a year and a half.

So 8 hours of sleep is too much for me and I keep having really bizarre dreams from dozing back to sleep at 5 in the morning. It's very restless and I hope my body doesn't start relying on that amount of sleep too much.

We were talking to this lady on the bus and she started showing us pics of her cats and we're saying how cute they were and then she shows us her favourite one saying "She's proper cute" hahaha.

So people here call me Sister D., Don, Donch, or California. Sister Doncheva is just too much. Someone asked if I was Native American- obvi not, but it kinda got a convo going.

I taught a lesson for the first time this week, yaya! They were Muslim but very open to listening. 

Later they told us to take our Book of Mormon back because it had nothing to do with Jesus... so not sure where I went wrong but safe to say that ended.

"Carry On" is an actual saying here, not just a trendy Pinterest slogan that we overuse in America. For example: how do we get to Rose Street? Turn left, then carry on. ETC.

Are baptism certificates a thing? Why have I never received one?

So when we go door-to-door, it feels a lot like trick-or-treating, but this time we got the treat and nobody wants it. A lot of our work includes "plating seeds" and man are we planting a whole field but people rarely give us the opportunity to water said seeds so there is little progress. But hey, we're learning, and working, just gotta keep going.

We have a George Forman AND a Crockpot- can someone please please please send us recipes- I want to learn how to cook. Also, I want to learn how to play the piano, but it may be too late for that one.

I spoke at church yesterday for UK Mother's Day. The people in the ward are too nice and claimed to have enjoyed it. I attribute any of my success to the fact that I actually enjoy public speaking. Future career?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO AUSTIN RICHMOND.  CONGRATS TO BRANDON RICHMOND AND HIS CALL even though everyone goes to South America, so mainstream. Just kidding, that is so amazing!

I'm super grateful to be out here. So grateful for all the experiences. But more so, I'm glad to be learning more about this church. At first a lot of the information is too much to take in so you have to rely on faith more than you realize. However, the more I have been learning here, the more and more things seem to even logically make sense for every aspect of this gospel. I'm grateful to know each aspect is true and for the relationship I get to strengthen through our Saviour Jesus Christ and I know He can help everyone because He truly loves everyone.


Top Ten

2. Brandon's Call!!!!!
2. Austin's b-day!
6. Granny Millie in our ward gives us candy every Sunday
7. Enya - we get to listen to her music haha
3. Apparently my blood will literally thicken after enough time- can't wait
5. Weekly emails from amazing friends like Jennifer Barba
4. Sister Black
8. Just working hard
1. Taught first lesson
10. Not so tired anymore, bit by bit
9. "Proper Cute"




 Tastes like black licorice....


 Emma's!! Partyyy (not a real party)


 Curry in Bishop's office


 Two sided cones! Bringing it back to the States


 Just how it should be. Eat one row at a time


 Roger


 Looking for "the one" (investigator)


 More food in Bishop's office


 Hummus. Not as chill as the other cat


The competition

No comments:

Post a Comment