HAPPY BIRTHDAY NIKI ROOS!
"A loving and happy family does not happen by accident. Each person in the family must do his or her part. The Lord has given responsibilities to both parents and children. The scriptures teach that we must be thoughtful, cheerful, and considerate of others. When we speak, pray, sing, or work together, we can enjoy the blessings of harmony in our families. (SeeColossians3.)"- quote from one of the manuals I like.
So we slept in an Elder's flat this week. Don't worry, not as shady as it sounds. It was after the temple and basically we were stranded after missing the last train. We were out late and were able to meet up with other missionaries and arranged for all the boys to sleep in one flat which was near and us four sisters in the other (which happened to be an elder flat). Stuff like this NEVER happens and I was kinda losing it haha, but it was definitely memorable.
Winter swiftly approaches. It legit dropped 10 degrees once September started.
So our mission has started a new thing where we all stop at to say a prayer every night, to ask Heavenly Father to help the England Manchester mission with success. We are praying for baptisms and help to lead us to God's prepared sons and daughters so we can bring them unto Christ! We are suppose to ask missionaries, members, friends, and family to join us! Thats your challenge.
I'm so grateful for trials and how they make us stronger. This life really is a time to prepare to meet God and sometimes I need those compelling experiences more than just normal everyday ones. They lead us to be so much happier once out of the hard times, but we can turn to Him regardless the time we are having. I love it and want to be who He will have me be and that is my best self
1) Temple trip. Beyond amazing experience.
2) Going to Liverpool with Bishop's family on Monday! Apparently that's where the Beatles are from. Liverpool is beckoning me to serve there one day. It was so fun spending time with Bishop and his family.
3) Teaching temple classes to Shorna. One step closer for her heading on her mission!
4) Fireside with Dolly, Sister Black, and attending with Eileen! So grateful for brother Seal for taking us.
5) Day working in Uppermill (look it up, you'll understand why I'm so stoked on that)
6) Spoke to Sister Black on the phone this week. Love her.
7) I love taking the train for travel, we don't take it often, but it's always beautiful and a nice change in atmosphere to talk to people.
8) Love the Porridge family.
9) Getting more involved in working with the young women.
10) Officially fat with yellow teeth and don't even care any more haha.
Lots of Love,