Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Emi's Forty-Seventh Email! December 28, 2015

At the throne I intercede;
For thee ever do I plead.
I have loved thee as thy friend,
With a love that cannot end.
Be obedient, I implore,
Prayerful, watchful evermore,
And be constant unto me,
That thy Savior I may be.

This is from hymn 185. It really helped strengthen my testimony yesterday.

Christmas week is always crazy and being on a mission is not exempt.

Monday we moved! And had Christmas dinner at the Bishop's! It was a
nice way to spend a birthday!

Tuesday we helped decorate for the mission party and unpacked  our house!

Wednesday we had our Chiratmas party! As a white elephant gift I gave
someone the mold of my teeth from the orthodontist, they are so lucky!

Christmas Eve we went to one of our regulars and had a ham feast, it
was delicious. They didn't want to go and serve people with us because
it was cold so we watched Mircle on 34th St instead!

Friday was Christmas! They had a lil service at the chapel in the
morning where the missionaries all read dif accounts about the Savior.
Then we went to the Carrots for a bit then we ate at the Teals! Best
Christmas ever! It was so good! Then we went to the Porroges for the
rest of the evening and Skyped! My family is the best! Can't believe
how sunny it was!

It hailed a bit here on the eve and sister N asked me if it was snow
haha almost.

Oh I did the challenge and memorized 40 scriptures! My goal is to have
100 total by the end of the mission.

I'm really grateful for my mission friends, all the help decorating,
all the support from home and for the members who are such an amazing
example to me in so many ways.

Our house hasn't had heating so I've been sleeping in my winter coat haha.

Oh for tea we had some Arfrican food, all the African members are
excited to get to know her.

Marybeth and the Richmonds sent the best packages, thanks so much! I'm
so bad at expressing gratitude and love, but you're all the best! If
you've ever even just smiled at me once in your life, it's
appreciated, thank you! And members got us such kind gifts! And helped
us (we also have no washer or fridge but the house is cold enough we
don't need one!) and spent time with us.

"If you can't believe, if you can't accept anything on faith, then
you're doomed for a life dominated by doubt."-Miracle on 34th Street

From It's a Wonderful Life, it reminded me that we never know how much
good we do.

From the Best Two Years, I have a whole renewed vision of the
missionary I want to be and become in 2016.

Speaking of visions, sister N had a dream that she was leaving Oldham.
I think I'm training here after this transfer. I've never had a
companion shout at me before, but maybe that's why.


Christmas decor not so grand without a General authority, sorry


still fun











Candidates


Games at the Seals


We read stuff


Christmas crackers! No crackers inside! Just a joke, party hat and a toy and a large crack when you pull it apart!

















he's the best





Eating Makisti











First time seeing the beach in 10 months


Hood





Christmas present yaya 





Ticked off for how nice the weather was














Love them


hi momma


Elder Cossa haha


African food with the Brazillian ball things





No comments:

Post a Comment