Sunday, November 1, 2015

Emi's Thirty-Sixth Email! October 19, 2015

We had a sisters thing last week, it wasn't as I anticipated it would be, but it was nice to see the friends. 

Uh we had street displays, I made more cookies (this time a peanut butter and jelly biscuit type thing) and some soup for the district. 

I finally learned "Sweet Hour of Prayer" on the piano but it's a lot harder to play when people are singing haha, and I can't learn anymore songs because I don't know what the other fancy symbols mean. 

We met with an Italian lady who made us pizza, yum. Sister Barbaro was just going off. 

We did a lot of service this week which is always a pleasure, a joy beyond measure. Gardening, decorations, painting and cleaning. The works. 

A member got married this week. She is a month older than me...very happy for the new couple. 

We have someone new dated for baptism, so we will see how that goes. He is very enthused about the gospel.

Main highlight really was that I met some people that mama met in La Jolla two weeks ago, it was crazy. They are the nicest people too. They own a bread company and hooked it up with some of the nicest bread-yum. But they also made me realize they don't have sourdough bread in England..They want us over sometime for tea which I'm super excited about. Not by chance this is exactly where they're from and they went to exactly where I'm from to have met my mama.

Well, I'm grateful for the testimony I've got and the opportunity I have to strengthen it each day as I share it with everyone even if they claim to have no time or are not interested. I know this church is true. I especially am grateful for The Book of Mormon. If I ever start to second guess anything that is beyond my own comprehension, I take a step back and think I know the Book of Mormon is true, that means everything else has to be as well. The beauty is when finally everything else just fits together eventually and makes you a happier and better person. I know it.

Please pray for my friends Sister Cristobal and Sister Miller. 

Top 10
1) The bread couple
2) Rob dated for baptism
3) Sister's thang
4) President set a challenge to re-read the BOM by the end of the year. I like challenges. You should do it too. Oh and it's good timing because I just finished reading it for the first time on my mission this week. The scriptures from President Braizer have been perfect.
5) Sister Barbaro helping me learn patience (counting to 10 before I do my normal flip out)
6) Service
7) Soup there it is
8) Learnt a song
9) Oldham Ward for life. I love Bishop's family
10) Italians

Happy birthday on Friday to Cole Castellanooooo

Sister Emi Doncheva

No comments:

Post a Comment